Help whilst we’re closed
We closed our office for drop in services from 23 March 2020. This is to protect our clients and volunteers from coronavirus. We can still be contacted and below is a list of useful contacts and links whilst our doors are closed.
For general advice:
- Call the Citizens Advice Line on 03444 111 444 Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 17:00.
- Contact us by email, just fill out the form and we will get back to you.
If you need assistance with emergency funds contact the Essential Living Fund on 0300 7900124
For food bank vouchers:
- Chelmsford Citizens Advice Food Bank voucher telephone service on 01245 205579, or,
- Chelmsford Council, 01245 606606, or,
- The Jobcentre, 0845 604 3719.
For basic benefits advice:
The following benefit calculators will show you the benefits that you might be entitled to:
Alternatively, look at Citizens Advice’s Benefits webpage or call Citizens Advice on 03444 111 444 Monday to Friday from 09:00 – 17:00.
- See here to check if you are eligible for Universal Credit.
- See here to apply for Universal Credit online.
- If you need help with your claim, you can call Citizens Advice’s Help To Claim number on 0800 144 8444 from Monday to Friday from 08:00 – 18:00.
- If you are already receiving Universal Credit, you can contact them on the Helpline on 0800 328 5644 from Monday to Friday from 08:00 – 18:00.
If you are homeless or cannot stay in your property for any reason, contact Chelmsford City Council on 01245 606400.
If you or your family are experiencing domestic violence and are worried about your safety, call the police on 999 or the National Domestic Violence Helpline on 0808 2000 247.