We have just launched our Universal Credit (UC) help to claim line which is available on 0800 144 8444 at the following times:
Mon – Fri 08:00 17:00
Depending on your individual needs, we can help you to:
- Check whether you are eligible for Universal credit
- Set up an email address and/or Universal credit account
- Work through your claim to-dos
- Access the UC helpline or DWP home visit service
- Verify your identity
- Provide additional evidence
- Prepare for monthly payments
- Access direct payments to your landlord
- Apply for additional financial support
News and Campaigns
At Citizens Advice Chelmsford we see thousands of people every year, and we have a closer understanding of the problems that people experience than any other organisation.
Through our work, we know which policies are working and spot emerging problems early.
At both a national and local level, our research and campaigns work combines these insights with analysis of wider social and economic trends and set out new ideas to improve policy and delivery for all.